Media and Credential Use Conditions Agreement
- The University issues credentials only to an accredited agency (the “Agency”) solely
to provide access to a representative of the Agency (the “Representative”) for a legitimate
working function (media or game service) in connection with this specific athletic
event (the “Event”). Each credentialed media member must be working on a specific
assignment for a legitimate news organization.
- The credential provides the Agency and Representative with the right to photograph,
film or record the Event only for the following news and editorial purposes:
- Televised Media: If for televised media (including video streaming), the recordings may only be used
by the Agency in connection with the Agency’s regularly scheduled television newscast
and only within a seven-day period following the Event. No live or delayed footage
of an Event may be shown during the Event. Each televised recording may not exceed
three minutes in length.
- Radio Broadcast: Audio records may only be used by the Agency in connection with the Agency’s regularly
scheduled newscast and only within a seven-day period following the Event. No live
or delayed audio will be broadcast during the Event.
- Print Media: Pictures of the Event may only be used by the Agency in connection with the Agency’s
regularly scheduled media publications and only within a two-week period following
- The Agency and Representative are expressly prohibited from using any photographic
and/or audio records taken or created by the Representative during the Event (the
“Agency Materials”) for any news or editorial purposes not described above, or for
any non-news and/or non-editorial purposes including, but not limited to, advertising,
commercialization, and other sale or distribution to third parties.
- The University is the exclusive owner of all copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary
rights in its names, logos, uniformed designs, and in the Event and all records of
the Event, subject only to the limited uses expressly permitted herein.
- Each of the Agency and the Representative acknowledge that the Event may involve the
risk of serious injury, death, or property damage. Each of the Agency and the Representative
assumes all risk, danger, and liability incidental to the Event or arising in connection
with the use of the credential. To the fullest extent permissible by law, each of
the Agency and the Representative releases the University from any and all liabilities
resulting from injuries or personal property loss occurring at the Event or in connection
with the use of the credential and all liabilities resulting from injuries or personal
property loss occurring at the Event or in connection with the use of the credential.
- The Agency and Representative shall, jointly and severally, indemnify, defend and
hold harmless the University against any and all claims, losses, causes of action,
judgments, damages and expenses resulting from or arising out of Agency's or Representative's
(a) breach of this Agreement, (b) use of the University's premises, (c) intellectual
property licensing violations or copyright infringement, or (d) act, error, or omission
except where such claims, losses, causes of action, judgments, damages or expenses
result solely from the negligent acts or omission or willful misconduct of the University.
- The credential is issued to a Representative, is non-transferable and may be revoked
by the University at any time.
- Representative must be at least 16 years of age.
- Improper use of the credential may subject the Representative to immediate removal
from the stadium/arena and revocation of future credentialing for the Agency and Representative.
- By accepting the credential and attending the Event, the Representative agrees for
himself/herself and for the Agency that he/she has read this Agreement, that he/she
understands the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that he/she agrees to
abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.