Tailgating & Alcohol
Alcohol Policy: Tailgating that includes responsible and lawful use of alcohol is permitted within
the parameters determined by law and University rules.
University Property including Parking Lots: On game days, alcohol is allowed in UofU parking areas. Given these parameters:
- Open beer cans and bottles are allowed in most parking lots.
- Providing alcohol to minors and consumption of alcohol by minors is prohibited. The state of Utah’s minimum legal drinking age is 21.
- Beer trucks, kegs, open bars and people in possession of exorbitant amount of alcohol will not be permitted in any UofU parking area.
- Public intoxication or disorderly conduct will not be tolerated.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited.
- Violation of these parameters is subject to a warning, followed by revocation of Crimson Parking Pass and entry to athletic events held on campus.
Streets and Sidewalks: Open container on public sidewalks, roads, or thoroughfares is not allowed by city regulations. Law enforcement may take appropriate action.
LDS Institute Property: Alcohol and Tobacco products are not allowed on property or in parking areas; including the parking structure.
Post-Game: Tailgating activities must stop no later than 3 hours following a game. During the final hour of post-game tailgating, fans will be asked to pack up tents, tables, chairs, grills, etc… and begin to make their exit from University parking lots. Post-game alcohol and tailgate compliance will be enforced by UofU officials.
Rice-Eccles Stadium: Any persons who appear intoxicated will be refused entry into the stadium and are subject to arrest. Any person who appear intoxicated or those possessing or drinking alcohol in the stadium will be ejected without a refund and are subject to arrest. Any alcohol discovered inside the stadium will be confiscated. The University reserves the right to search patrons for alcoholic beverages.
To report disruptive behavior, safety concerns or suspicious activity text “UFAN” <space> issue and location to 69050.
*The UFAN FONE Service will be available 4 hours prior to kickoff.
**message and data rates may apply