- Alcohol may be served upon approval only. Approval must be obtained from the Vice
President over Rice-Eccles Stadium before the event is to take place.
- Alcohol may only be served in the Tower reception rooms, The Salt Lake 2002 Visitor
Center Gallery and The Olympic Cauldron Park. All other areas of the stadium are prohibited
to the service of alcohol.
- Participants may not consist primarily of University of Utah Employees. University
of Utah students or minor students may not be in attendance.
- The Tower Reception Rooms, The Salt Lake 2002 Visitors Center Gallery and The Olympic
Cauldron Park must be rented to an off-campus third party who is sponsoring the event.
No University entities or departments may rent or host events in which alcohol is
- The event must be closed to the General Public.
- There may not be a charge for any kind of alcohol beverages served at the event or
for entry to the event.
- The third-party lessee must agree to comply with all Utah laws regarding the service
and consumption of liquor. The third-party lessee must sign a rental agreement, an
alcohol service request addendum and agree to assume liability for any claims resulting
from the service or consumption of alcohol at the event.
- All alcohol must be provided and served by an exclusive caterer for Rice-Eccles Stadium
- Patrons are not allowed to hire their own bartending service.