(Please Read Prior to Planning Event)
- No vehicles are permitted to park on sidewalk. Deliveries or pick-ups must park in the parking lot or in one of the open truck bays. Guests may park in the parking lot for the duration of the event. Parking accommodations (i.e. lot moratorium) must to be made for weekday (8:00am – 4:00pm) events. Otherwise any vehicle without an 'A' or 'U' University of Utah pass will be ticketed. Vehicles parked on the sidewalk or blocking the road will be also ticketed and/or towed.
- All deliveries must be made during regular business hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Deliveries or set-ups that require heavy elevator use are required to use the service hallway for load-in. Patron must check in at the receptionist desk on level 6 and notify them that there is a large load-in. The facilities lead will lock out an elevator for use. Instructions will be given on how to set and use elevator in service mode. When delivery or set-up is complete notify the receptionist so the elevator can be returned to its normal status.
- The Tower at Rice-Eccles does not accept responsibility for receiving deliveries or removing property owned or rented by the patron. Neither will The Tower at Rice-Eccles provide any services in connection with deliveries or pick-ups. The patron or a representative of the patron must be responsible for the all deliveries and pick-ups in conjunction with the event. All items delivered by vendor or patron must be removed by 9:00 am the morning following the event.
- The patron must remove all equipment or decorations brought into the facility for the event. This includes all linens, dishes, flowers, plants, balloons and other disposable decorations. The patron will be assessed an additional cleaning fee if decorations are not removed or disposed of properly.
- Helium balloons are allowed on the Varsity Level 6 only. The Scholarship Level 4 is prohibited because of the 25-foot ceiling. If a lift is required to retrieve errant balloons on the 4th Level the patron will be charged for lift rental and labor hours. Confetti and/or glitter are allowed but the patron will be charged an additional $100.00 cleaning fee for the removal of confetti and/or glitter.
- No nails, hooks, tacks, screws, staples, wire, tape or any other abrasives may be placed on or in walls or fixtures. Decorations may be hung or attached with zip-ties, soft rope or fishing wire only. Any damages or defacement of any kind will be assessed to the patron.
- Candles are allowed but must be placed in a container for the wax to drip into. Open flames such as candelabras are permitted but must be kept out of heavy traffic areas and away from flammable materials such as paper or cloth.
- Patrons must respect the facility and act in a civilized manner at all times. Patrons and their guests must supervise all children that are attending the event.
- Violation of these regulations will result in an additional fee(s) to the patron and loss of further use in the future.
- If you have any questions or special requests, please call us at 801-581-5445.